OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Articles with idioms 5
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
English articles with idioms 5
Idioms often have tricky usage of articles, so it's important to practice! Choose the correct (and most natural-sounding) response to complete each sentence:
1. He'd travel to Australia at the drop of _________________ hat.
2. I've done all I could. _________________ ball's in your court now.
3. I don't do this often. = I do this once in _________________ blue moon.
4. To make _________________ long story short, he lost his job.
5. He wanted to show her that he wasn't interested, so he kept her at _________________ bay.
6. I feel a bit under _________________ weather. I think I'm coming down with something.
7. P1: Do you know the answer? P2: Piece of _________________ cake! Everyone knows the answer to that.
8. He has done a lot of mean things in the past, but this really takes _________________ cake.
9. He led the police on _________________ wild goose chase.
10. This was _________________ bitter pill to swallow. = This was hard to accept.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.