OTHER ESL TOOLS
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
THE PASSIVE VOICE: passive voice sentences in the simple past 2
Fill in the blanks to change each
active voice sentence
passive voice sentence
EX: Henry Miller wrote that book. --> That book
by Henry Miller.
1. The cook prepared the dinner. --> The dinner
by the cook.
2. My brother repaired the roof. --> The roof
by my brother.
3. A friend of ours showed him around town. --> He
around town by a friend of ours.
4. The dog ate the cookies. --> The cookies
by the dog.
5. My neighbor bought the flowers. --> The flowers
by my neighbor.
6. Henry's dad adopted that puppy. --> That puppy
by Henry's dad.
7. Rita's boss gave her a raise. --> Rita
a raise by her boss.
8. Robert ironed the clothes. --> The clothes
9. The teacher questioned him about the essay. --> He
by his teacher about the essay.
10. The committee awarded them first prize. --> They
first prize by the committee.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.