OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with BREAK 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO BREAK)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. P1: Are you still going out with Mary? P2: No, we broke ________ last week.
2. The thieves broke ________ the bank and stole $1,000,000.
3. An epidemic of Ebola broke ________ in West Africa last year.
4. He broke ________ the engagement after he realized that his finacee didn't love him.
5. The police officer grabbed him, but the thief broke ________ and escaped.
6. My brother broke ________ a piece of chocolate and gave it to me.
7. The sun broke ________ the clouds after the storm.
8. The thieves broke ________ the safe and stole all the money.
9. My car broke ________ ( = stopped functioning) two months after I bought it.
10. He broke ________ ( = stopped) the fight.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.