OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with MAKE 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO MAKE)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. I can't make ________ my mind. = I can't decide.
2. The thieves made ________ ( = escaped with) $1,000,000.
3. I can't really make ________ ( = decipher) what he wrote.
4. Did you make ________ that story? = Did you invent a story that wasn't true?
5. They fought for two hours, but then they made ________. ( = became friendly again)
6. What do you make ________ this? = What is your opinion about this?
7. We have to make ________ for ( = compensate for) lost time.
8. They made me ________ to be a liar. = They made me seem like a liar.
9. A good vocabulary makes ________ clearer communication. ( = makes it easier to communicate more clearly)
10. The old table was made ________ ( = changed/altered) to look like a new one.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.