OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with PLAY 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO PLAY)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. We'll see how this plays ________ (= develps, ends).
2. The band played ________. (= continued playind)
3. He loved to play ________ (= emphasize) the fact that he was from New York.
4. He's just being silly. = He's just playing ________.
5. Play ________ the message. I didn't hear it the first time.
6. The politicians are playing ________ the rise in the unemployment rate. (= they are saying that it is not important)
7. I'm not interested in what he has to say, but I'll just play ________. = I'll pretend like I'm interested in what he has to say.
8. The actors played ________ a scene from their new play.
9. They two main actors were great together. They played ________ each other really well.
10. Her kids hardly ever play ________ (= misbehave) at home.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.