OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> College/university 2
School/ University 2
WORDS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- The academic year is usually divided into four (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) terms/semesters.
- A short literary composition on a single subject, usually presenting the personal view of the author.
TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- to sign up for classes.
TO TAKE NOTES
- to quickly summarize (in writing) what someone says (during a lecture).
1. I have a lot of very difficult ________ this term.
2. To ________ means to study hard in a short period of time (usually before an exam).
3. I thought that the ________ I wrote for my Spanish Literature class was great, but I only got a C.
4. Q: Did you pass? A: No, I ________!
5. A ________ student is someone who already has an undergraduate degree, and is trying to get an M.A., M.S., Ph.D., etc.
6. A Masters ________ is something you have to write in order to obtain a Masters Degree.
7. The maximum ________ for undergraduate degree students is 21 credit hours in a semester.
8. A ________ student, is one who doesn't have a full course load.
9. When you write a ________, you're writing a formal written report that includes both research findings and your own ideas.
10. She is a very smart girl. She always gets good ________.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.