OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Home improvement 1
1. Our kitchen is too small. We need to ________ it.
2. Sorry about the mess! We're in the middle of ________.
3. We have to ________ these tiles; they are old and dirty.
4. I asked the contractor to give me an ________ ( = a rough idea of how much the work will cost).
5. We bought the new house because our old house was too small. We needed more ________ (= space).
6. We had to ________ down (= to get rid of) the wall.
7. It looks like it's about 300 ________ feet right now.
8. We'd like to ________ the size of this room.
9. There are __________ (= people hired on contract to do a certain job) for each phase of construction: heating, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, etc.
10. Sometimes it's hard for contractors to find the exact materials that the __________ wants.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.