OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Environmental issues 3
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES/CONCERNS 3: Natural disasters, relief efforts, etc.
It's always good to be aware of certain environmental concerns. We all live on this planet and have to take care of it. Here's an exercise to help you practice talking/writing about the environment and some of the problems that many of us face every day.
1. Because of the damages caused by the cyclone, there will be massive ________ of food.
2. Most of the facilities are in ________. ( = in need or/ requiring repairs)
3. The disease ________ was spread by dirty water.
4. To ________ relief efforts = To prevent relief efforts, or to make them hard to carry out
5. The tornado ________ power lines and destroyed homes.
6. Several ________ agencies (like Doctors Without Borders) have offices here.
7. Recent surveys have shown that poorer people in developing countries care more about the environment than others in more ________ ( = wealthier) countries.
8. UNICEF has been distributing water ________ ( = cleaning) tablets throughout the area.
9. The majority of people in our country live ________ less than $5 a day.
10. Many people in the third-world ________ hungry ( = suffer from hunger) every day.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.