OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Environmental issues 4
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES/CONCERNS 4: Vegetarianism
It's always good to be aware of certain environmental concerns. We all live on this planet and have to take care of it. Here's an exercise to help you practice talking/writing about the environment and some of the problems that many of us face every day. Choose the more natural-sounding response.
1. Vegetarians are people who do not eat meat as part of their ________.
2. Some countries, such as India, have a strong ________ of vegetarianism.
3. Many people ________ eating meat because they love animals.
4. Some people believe that vegetarians can eat ________, but this is not true.
fish and seafood
5. ________ of vegetarianism say that it is not healthy, but most nutrition experts believe that it is.
6. There have been many famous vegetarians in the ________ and present, including Paul McCartney, Leo Tolstoy, George Bernard Shaw, Mohandas Gandhi, and many more.
7. Vegetarians get their protein from ________ such as beans, lentils, and legumes, tofu and other soy products, as well as some protein-rich grains.
8. Many people believe that going vegetarian is also good for the ________.
9. ________ are people who don't eat any animal products (including milk, cheese, eggs, etc.)
10. There are thousands of tasty vegetarian ________ online.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.