OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Olympics vocabulary 2
ESL/ELL: ENGLISH VOCABULARY TRAINING
The Olympics/The Olympic Games 2
Choose the best response for each sentence:
1. The Opening Ceremonies will take ___________ on August 8, 2008.
2. Which city is ___________ the 2012 Summer Olympics?
3. Beijing is the ________ of China, but it's not the biggest city in the country.
4. A ________ is a raised platform where athletes receive their medals.
5. They are playing the Australian national ________ because an Australian athlete won the gold medal.
6. The opposite of "victory" is ________.
7. The United States basketball team is ________ ( = expected) to win the gold medal.
8. Some events will be held ________ Beijing, in neighboring cities.
9. The Jamaican runner broke another world ________.
10. Dayron Robles is Liu Xiang's biggest ___________. ( = competitor)
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.