OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Politics, elections, voting 3
ELL/ESL VOCABULARY TEST (English vocabulary practice)
Politics, elections, voting (common terms and expressions) 3
Choose the best response:
1. A close race = A ___________ race
2. Many senators support his ___________ ( = attempt) to become president.
3. Her campaign is gaining ________. = Her campaign is becoming more and more effective/successful.
4. The probable nominee = The ________ nominee
5. That victory established him as the clear front-________.
6. Voter ________ was very high. = A lot of people voted.
7. The senator said that he would ________ ( = support) the other candidate.
8. The presidential election will be ________ on November 1st.
9. The other candidate for mayor claimed that he was ________ to improving recycling in the city.
10. She was able to ________ a lot of money for her campaign.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.