OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Sports terms 1
SPORTS: General sports terms/ the language of sports 1
These exercises will help you learn all kinds of sports and fitness vocabulary, from working out at the gym, to talking about your favorite team, to cheering for your national team during the Olympics :)
1. My team always ________.
2. The Swedish soccer (football) team ________ Vietnam 3-0.
3. Kobe Bryant had a terrible game. He ________ most of his shots.
4. The 2012 Olympics will take ________ in London.
5. The United States usually wins a lot of ________ during the Olympics.
6. My personal trainer told me to ________ (my muscles) before every workout to avoid getting hurt.
7. I ________ ( = lift weights, go to the gym) twice a week.
8. I ________ ( = run) in the park almost every day.
9. The ________ of baseball are very difficult to understand for people who don't know the game.
10. David Beckham is a popular soccer player. He ________ teams last year, and now plays for the L.A. Galaxy.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.