OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Sports terms 2
SPORTS: General sports terms/ the language of sports 2
These exercises will help you learn all kinds of sports and fitness vocabulary, from working out at the gym, to talking about your favorite team, to cheering for your national team during the Olympics :)
1. I'm a little upset because my team ________ last night.
2. If you don't want to shoot the ball, ________ it.
3. Going to the gym will help you get in ________.
4. The Canadian hockey team ________ six goals against Switzerland.
5. Dwayne Wade was trying to score, but he was ________ by another player.
6. The person who makes sure that a game is played according to the rules is called a ________.
7. Nancy is a huge ________ of the San Antonio Spurs. They're her favorite team.
8. The Olympics are ________ every four years.
9. Athletes have to ________ long and hard to achieve success.
10. What is the half-way point of a game called?
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.