OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
TV/Radio related terms/expressions
1. If a lot of people watch a TV show, chances are that it will remain on the air and won't be __________.
2. Pass me the ________. I'd like to change the channel.
3. I can't pick up any good radio ________ where I live.
4. Hey, do you remember that name of the actor that __________ the killer in the movie we saw last week?
5. A ________ is a repeat broadcast of a show.
6. A couch ___________ is someone who spends a lot of time on the couch ( = sofa) watching TV.
7. The people who read the news on TV are called news ________.
8. A ________ is a show with a very simple plot (usually about love).
9. A ________ show is a television or radio program where several people come together to discuss various topics.
10. Most people these days order ________ TV, which gives them access to many more channels apart from the local ones they would normally get.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.