OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Going out (for drinks) 1
Drinking/ Bars/ Pubs
1. I don't want bottled beer. What kind of beer do you have ________?
from the barrel
2. Pay for my beer this time. I'll get the next ________.
3. Do you know of any good hangover ________?
4. The bartender wouldn't let me ________. I had to pay right away.
run a table
run a tab
5. Another way of saying "drunk" is ________.
6. One reason bars check ID is to prevent ________ drinking.
7. I feel terrible! My head is ________ me! (It hurts very much)
8. I can't remember the last time I was so ________.
9. How much do I owe? 16 dollars? Here's 20. ________.
Keep the change
I don't like change
10. A seedy, run-down, unsophisticated bar is called a ________.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.