OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Comma or semicolon? 1
WRITING PRACTICE IN ENGLISH
Comma or semicolon? 1
Choose whether a comma (,) or semicolon (;) would be better to fill in each blank:
1. He told me to wait _______ but I didn't.
2. That was Thomas _______ my husband.
3. He couldn't afford the big house _______ however, he was able to buy a smaller one.
4. The guests were Tom, an architect _______ Rachel, a doctor _______ and Bill, a dentist.
5. The guests were German _______ French _______ and Italian.
6. He was drunk _______ this is why he crashed the car.
7. He didn't really laugh at them _______ he just smiled.
8. I like to read _______ and I like to write as well.
9. He wants to make a lot of money _______ in fact, he wants to be a millionaire.
10. He travelled to Frankfurt, Germany _______ Paris, France _______ and Barcelona, Spain.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.