OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Comma or semicolon? 2
WRITING PRACTICE IN ENGLISH
Comma or semicolon? 2
Choose whether a comma (,) or semicolon (;) would be better to fill in each blank:
1. He didn't wait _______ he just left.
2. He called her _______ but she didn't hear him.
3. Yes _______ I do know how to make that dish.
4. He said he would correct my mistakes by Thursday _______ however, he was only able to do this on Friday.
5. He brought Frank, his brother _______ Yvonne, his daughter _______ and his mother.
6. We flew to Frankfurt _______ not Amsterdam.
7. Although he really wanted to go to the game _______ he didn't have enough money for a ticket.
8. Having a cat is great _______ having two is even better.
9. Having a cat is great _______ but having two is even better.
10. There are three ways to get there: by plane, which is expensive _______ by train, which can also be expensive _______ and by bus, which is the cheapest option.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.