OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Comma splices 2
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
COMMA SPLICES: Complete sentence or comma splice? 2
| level: Advanced
Choose whether each of the following sentences (or groups of sentences) is COMPLETE or whether there is a COMMA SPLICE:
1. This is going to be a very rainy spring. Therefore, you should buy an umbrella.
2. This is going to be a very warm autumn, so you will be able to go biking.
3. I'll go to the mall, then I'll pick you up.
4. Mary will pick up her sister at the beach, and then she'll call us.
5. Tom went to see the doctor; now he has a note for school.
6. Steve tried to fix his computer, he failed.
7. After I saw that movie, I felt sorry for the main character.
8. Whenever I try to talk to her, she won't listen to me.
9. Stop doing that, it's not nice.
10. The neighbors are making too much noise; I can't sleep.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.