OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Comma splices 3
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
COMMA SPLICES: Complete sentence or comma splice? 3
| level: Advanced
Choose whether each of the following sentences (or groups of sentences) is COMPLETE or whether there is a COMMA SPLICE:
1. I don't like her, she's not honest.
2. He told her his name, but she didn't remember it.
3. I know that he's French, he told me himself.
4. I can't swim, therefore, I won't go in the water.
5. He called the agency three times, so you can't say he didn't try hard enough.
6. If you don't know how to cook, ask your mother to help you.
7. He wasn't even sorry for what he did, I was really surprised.
8. I don't have enough money to travel. Therefore, I'm not going anywhere this summer.
9. Come to my party, a lot of people are going to be there.
10. The car is very fuel efficient; It gets 70 miles to the gallon.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.