OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Dangling modifiers 1
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
DANGLING MODIFIERS 1 - Identifying dangling modifiers
| level: Advanced
Choose whether each of the following sentences is CORRECT, or whether it has a DANGLING MODIFIER:
1. Unlike many other students, the financial aid office did not approve his application.
2. Unlike many other students, Jim didn't have any problems with his teachers.
3. Having learned Spanish in just three months, the stay in Mexico was a success.
4. Having learned French in just three months, Paul was as happy as he could be.
5. Drinking a beer, the feeling was a familiar one.
6. While watching a movie, people who talk loudly are really annoying.
7. While listening to the radio, one should always make sure that the volume is not too loud.
8. At the age of sixteen, I moved back to California.
9. Looking over the student's exam, several mistakes became evident right away.
10. Looking over the student's exam, the professor noticed several mistakes.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.