OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Dangling modifiers 2
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
DANGLING MODIFIERS 2 - Identifying dangling modifiers
| level: Advanced
Choose whether each of the following sentences is CORRECT, or whether it has a DANGLING MODIFIER:
1. Walking back from the bar, my wallet fell out of my pocket.
2. While trying to type an important email, my cat kept begging me for food.
3. While I was trying to type an important email, my cat kept begging me for food.
4. Having run out of gas, my parents drove over to pick me up.
5. Having run out of gas, I called my parents to come pick me up.
6. While driving along the coast, the waves seemed remarkably calm.
7. While driving along the coast, the mountains to my right seemed higher than I had remembered.
8. After washing the car, the windshield shone like new.
9. Having entered the theater, I found the music to be overwhelming.
10. After seeing her again, my brother realized that he was in love with her..
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.