OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Dangling modifiers 3
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
DANGLING MODIFIERS 3 - Identifying dangling modifiers
| level: Advanced
Choose whether each of the following sentences is CORRECT, or whether it has a DANGLING MODIFIER:
1. Unable to bake the bread herself, Rebecca's grandmother had to show her how to do it.
2. Saddened by the news, my mother had to comfort me.
3. Happy about his promotion, John whistled all the way home.
4. While speaking to the police officer, the phone rang.
5. While I was speaking to the police officer, the phone rang.
6. Having sampled some great food, I was content.
7. Having failed the test, the teacher helped her prepare for the next one.
8. Having failed the test, Mary asked the teacher to help her prepare for the next one.
9. Tired from running, Tom took a shower.
10. While biking around town, many dogs barked at me.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.