SAT/Grade 12 vocabulary 4
Which of the three words best completes each of the following sentences?
1. The senator had to apologize for the ________________ remarks he made about his opponent.
2. Had had missed her ________________ earlier, so this time she decided to be more direct with him.
3. The minister proceeded to ________________ ( = briefly describe) the general's military strategy to the king.
4. The ________________ old man always seemed upset about something.
5. He walked the ________________ hills for days without seeing another person.
6. She thought that putting him on the ticket would be a boost for her campaign, but he has proven to be quite a ________________.
7. She asked the doctor to perform the procedure without ________________.
8. We should ________________ the positive points of the report, and play down the negative ones.
9. He tried his best, but he couldn't ________________ her to stay.
10. The ________________ inhabitants of the village couldn't even afford to buy rice on a regular basis.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.