Rembrandt self portrait
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 31
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Why did the first auction house give the painting such a low value?
They thought it was only worth that much.
They forgot to add a "0" to the number.
They thought it was a fake.
2. The painting was bought for 4.5 million pounds. How much is it worth?
About $30-40 million
About $4.5 million
3. Who cleaned and examined the painting?
Experts from Holland
The Moore, Allen and Innocent auction house
Experts from Britain
4. How often do Rembrandt's works come on the market?
Once every decade
Once every couple of years
Twice a year
5. Rembrandt painted this self portrait:
after he left his home town of Leiden.
when he was in his 20s.
without using a mirror.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.