OTHER ESL TOOLS
READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES
Cracking down on illegal hiring in the UK
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 35
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. What has happened in the first four months of the campaign to crack down on companies hiring illegal workers?
Nothing. The campaign is still in its beginning stages.
7,500 immigration officers will be re-organized into more localized teams
200 companies have been fined.
2. What steps will officials take to "shame" these companies?
They will publish their names as well as the details of the offence online.
They will shut down their business.
They will inform the police about the illegal hiring.
3. Immigration officials are now focusing on:
small-time illegal employers.
fining individual workers.
large-scale organized criminal operations.
4. Which of the following sectors does NOT employ a lot of illegal workers?
5. Trade union officials fear that this new campaign might end up unjustly penalizing _______________, by driving the employers further underground.
the "Mr. Bigs"
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.