Reviving the National Meatless Program
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 40
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. How many presidents have instituted "National Meatless Days" so far?
2. One of the original ideas behind the plan was to ______________________________.
divert food to soldiers overseas
ensure that soldiers didn't eat meat
ensure that soldiers in the United States got enough food
3. According to the article, which of the following is NOT linked to high meat consumption?
4. Meat production has been named a primary source of harmful ___________________________.
5. What is one thing that reducing our meat intake would NOT do?
Help slow down climate change
Increase fossil fuel dependence
Conserve fresh water
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.