OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ESL/ENGLISH GRAMMAR TEST
CONDITIONALS: The third conditional structure - 2
REMEMBER: The third conditional is used to talk about
situations in the
(things that were impossible, that didn't happen, etc.) - Choose the correct response for each of the sentences:
1. If they hadn't been drunk, the doorman _________.
would have let them in
had let them in
2. If you _________ your last exam, you would have graduated in May.
have not failed
3. My mother _________ this apartment if she had known it was so noisy.
wouldn't have rented
did not rent
4. I would not ________ to see this movie if I had known how boring it was.
5. If I hadn't lost my cellphone, I ________ you.
would have called
6. If I hadn't driven so fast, I ________ into an accident.
would not get
would not have gotten
7. If the store ________ open, I would have bought some food.
8. I ________ on time if I hadn't missed the bus.
would have been
9. If you hadn't changed your hairstyle, I _________ you.
would have recognized
10. If I ________ full, I would have eaten more.
would not have been
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.