OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 2 (TO GO)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. I went ________ the plan. = I followed the plan.
2. He really went ________ him. = He really attacked him (physically or verbally).
3. The neighbors said they would leave, but they never ________.
went along with
4. They went ________ and ________ about how unfairly they were treated by the bank.
5. The accused men have to go ________ a judge on Tuesday.
6. I couldn't ________ an air-conditioner in Las Vegas.
7. He promised he'd sell his car to me. I hope he doesn't ________ his word. (= not do as he promised)
go back on
go up on
8. He was ________ his business (= continued doing what he was doing), as if nothing had happened.
going back on
9. I don't really ________ that kind of thing. = I'm not really interested in that kind of thing.
go in for
go up on
10. You have to go ________ the contract very carefully to make sure everything is as it should be.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.