ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
Simple Past or Past Continuous? 3
Choose which verb tense (simple past or past continuous) completes each sentence in a logical, natural-sounding way:
1. I __________ in the pool when I saw her coming towards me.
a. was swimming
2. Howard ________ the wall when he heard the phone ring.
a. was painting
3. I heard you come in, even though I ________ to music at that time.
a. was listening
4. David was arguing with his girlfriend, so I ________ the door.
a. was closing
5. I ________ my ankle while I was hiking in the mountains last year.
a. was spraining
6. James ________ towards the store when he saw a man holding a kitten.
b. was walking
7. Victoria ________ her grandchildren about her experiences, when her oldest grandchild asked a question.
a. was telling
8. Patricia was running towards the store, when she ________ that she had forgotten her wallet at home.
a. was remembering
9. I was shopping for a new computer when I ________ a call from work.
b. was getting
10. We ________ to my aunt's house when we got a flat tire.
b. were driving
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.