ENGLISH VOCABULARY PRACTICE TEST
Politics, elections, voting 4 (for ESL students)
Choose the best response:
1. What's Barak Obama's ___________ ( = position) on the war in Iraq?
2. The voters have to decide which candidate is better ___________ to handle the current problems with the economy.
3. It's a ________. = Either candidate could win.
4. Most voters are concerned about the rising price of ________. ( = called "petrol" in the UK)
5.McCain has a slight ________. = McCain is doing slightly better, is slightly more successful, etc.
6. A ________ margin = A very small margin/difference
7. George Bush currently has a very low approval ________. ( = very few people approve of how he is performing as president)
8. The mood between the two candidates was not relaxed, it was ________.
9. The two candidates got into a ________ ( = impassioned) argument during their first debate.
10. Obama is making an effort to ________ ( = get rid of, lessen) divisions within the Democratic party.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.