OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ESOL VOCABULARY TRAINING
Talking about movies 3
Choose the best response to complete each of the following sentences:
1. The movie had a lot of plot
. (cirles/twists) ( = unexpected developments in the story)
2. A "film
" (noir/black) is a movie which has a mood of pessimism, fatalism, and menace.
3. His films are too
(violence/violent) for me.
4. I didn't like the plot, but the
(dialogue/discussion) ( = the things the characters said to each other) was great.
5. That film was made for
6. This is a low-
(budget/money) movie. ( = a film made for relatively little money)
7. The film didn't win any Oscars, but it won other
8. She always had smaller roles. This is her first
9. Many Australian actors can
(make/do) an American accent very well.
10. The short version of "science fiction" is "sci-
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.