OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
Problem words, words commonly confused in English 3
| level: Advanced
Below you'll find pairs of words that are commonly confused in writing. Choose the correct response to complete each of the sentences:
1. We have to ____________ help for our cause.
2. His website was banned because of ____________ content.
3. The Lakers ____________ the Knicks after three quarters.
4. This water is unsafe to drink because it contains ____________.
5. That was obviously an ____________ to his previous novel.
6. The ventriloquist creates the ____________ that a puppet can talk.
7. Make sure you ____________ all of your references.
8. The ____________ of the two men in a dark alley scared him.
9. This ____________ is a great place to practice English grammar.
10. ____________ parents are German, aren't they?
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.