OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
Problem words, words commonly confused in English 4
| level: Advanced
Below you'll find pairs of words that are commonly confused in writing. Choose the correct response to complete each of the sentences:
1. Take a deep ____________ .
2. Make sure to ____________ deeply.
3. Paris is the ____________ of France.
4. We can't start this business with limited ____________.
5. Jessica always buys ____________ with cats on it.
6. The ____________ decided in favor of the business proposal.
7. That is the ____________ ingredient.
8. He interviewed an ____________ physicist.
9. He talked about the ____________ collapse of the government.
10. I wouldn't do that on ____________.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.