OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
DOUBLE NEGATIVES: Avoiding double negatives 2
| level: Advanced
Complete each of the answers, making sure you
use double negatives:
1. Why didn't _____________ tell me there was a party tonight?
2. Didn't you ask _____________ about giving you a ride?
3. I barely _____________ his brother.
4. None of the things she said _____________ sense.
5. Neither of them _____________ what was going on.
6. Didn't you understand _____________ of the things he said?
7. This _____________ no accident.
8. That boy never does _____________ right.
9. Our dog won't let _____________ pet him but me.
10. You can't go to a bar without _____________ money.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.