OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ENGLISH GRAMMAR: Conjunctions
Which conjunction - BECAUSE or SO? 1
Choose whether each of the following sentences requires SO or BECAUSE:
1. James didn't do his homework ___________ he was tired.
2. My friend had to cancel our lunch date, ___________ I ate alone.
3. He was already pretty upset, ___________ I didn't tell him the bad news.
4. He was hired ___________ he spoke German.
5. I really liked his last book, ___________ I'm going to buy his new one.
6. Robert didn't complain ___________ he knew that it wouldn't change anything.
7. He fell in love with her ___________ she was a good person.
8. He fell in love with her, ___________ he bought her flowers every day.
9. She stopped eating meat ___________ she loved animals.
10. He was expecting to fail the test, ___________ he was surprised when he passed.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.