OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with CALL 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO CALL)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. He called ________ (= asked) his supporters to boycott the election results.
2. The army called ________ 2,000 more soldiers.
3. The game was called ________ (= cancelled) due to bad weather.
4. P1: Is Jim here? P2: No, he called ________ sick this morning.
5. The teacher called ________ the names of all the students.
6. Please ask him to call me ________ (= to return my phone call) as soon as he can.
7. He called ________ ( = visited) an old friend while he was in town.
8. Call her ________! = Call her (on the phone)!
9. The mayor called ________ (= demanded) new laws against animal abusers.
10. I'll pay you the money I owe you, just call ________ your lawyers. (= tell your lawyers to stop bothering me, etc.)
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.