OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with STAND 1
ESL TRAINING EXERCISE
PHRASAL VERBS using "TO STAND"
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. He really stands ________ ( = is different from) from the other students.
2. I'm not going to stand ________ ( = tolerate) this!
3. I stood ________ ( = substituted, took his place) for the class president while he was away.
4. You have to learn how to stand ________ yourself. ( = defend yourself)
5. I can't believe he stood me ________. ( = didn't show up for a meeting, date, etc.)
6. The workers were brave enough to stand ________ the boss. ( = to confront him without fear)
7. The other judges stood ________ the proceedings. ( = watched the proceedings closely)
8. She always stands ________ ( = remains loyal to) her friends.
9. He is the only candidate that stands ________ ( = supports) animal rights.
10. Please stand ________ ( = wait) while we fix the problem.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.