OTHER ESL TOOLS
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
Simple Past or Past Continuous?
Choose which verb tense (simple past or past continuous) completes each sentence in a logical, natural-sounding way:
1. I ________ a book when I heard a noise outside.
a. was reading
2. P1: Is there any more Coke in the fridge? P2: No, Theresa ________ it all last night.
a. was drinking
3. When I came home last night, my roommate ________ at the neighbor.
a. was yelling
4. He ________ everything that I told him.
b. was understanding
5. P1: Does your brother still go to college? P2: No, he ________ last year.
a. was graduating
6. I hurt my hand while I ________ basketball.
b. was playing
7. My grandmother ________ about all of her grandchildren.
a. was caring
8. I ________ a shower when I heard the phone ring.
a. was taking
9. P1: What was the woman doing? P2: She ________ about the price of the vegetables.
b. was complaining
10. I can't believe that you actually ________ her to meet your parents.
b. were taking
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.