OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Environmental issues 2
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES/CONCERNS: Recycling, global warming, conservation, etc. 2
It's always good to be aware of certain environmental concerns. We all live on this planet and have to take care of it. Here's an exercise to help you practice talking/writing about the environment and some of the problems that many of us face every day.
1. One of the basic human requirements is clean ________ water.
2. The gradual increase in the Earth's temperature (warmer weather) and the temperature of the oceans is known as "global ________."
3. Global warming is seen by many as a ________ to humanity.
4. What are the giant masses of ice located near the North Pole and in Antarctica called?
5. Many people are concerned about how many forests are destroyed or ________ every year.
6. Forests, farmland, and oceans are known as "natural ________".
7. Human beings create a lot of ________. ( = waste) This ________ is often stored in places called "landfills".
8. One way to reduce the amount of garbage is by ________. This way, a plastic bottle can be melted to create other plastic bottles, a glass bottle can be used to make other glass bottles, etc.
9. When you recycle, you have to ________ paper, plastic, and other types of garbage.
10. To use something again = To ________ something
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.