HOME > ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES > Around the house 1
Topic: Things/items around the house - Talking about things that are located in your house or apartment - PART 1
Choose the best answer:
1. A sliding door that lets air in, but keeps bugs out: A ___________ door.
2. A couch that also functions as a bed: A ________ bed.
3. This prevents the bathroom from getting wet when you take a shower: A shower ________.
4. A closet which is big enough for you to walk inside to get clothes, etc.: A ________ closet.
5. A flight of stairs leading to the second floor: A ________.
6. An appliance that cools your house in the summer: An air ________ .
7. You use this to open a door: A door ________.
knob or handle
hand or handle
8. You hang this on a wall to know what time it is: A ________.
9. We don't have a TV ___________, so we put our TV on top of a milk crate. ( = plastic containers used to transport milk)
10. Most people keep their books on a bookshelf, also known as a ________.
CHECK ANSWERS (Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises