OTHER ESL TOOLS
ENGLISH GRAMMAR SELF-TEST
ADVERBS: Conjunctive adverbs
Conjunctive adverbs are used mostly in writing. Using these in every-day conversations would be a little too formal. Choose the
, most natural-sounding conjunctive adverb (adverbial conjunction) for each sentence:
1. You need to work harder; ________________, you'll get fired.
2. We wanted to go to Portugal; ________________, we went to Brazil.
3. He is a very weak president; ________________, most people support him.
4. We wanted to go to the beach; ________________, it started to rain and we stayed at home.
5. She is a very smart woman; ________________, it is not at all surprising that she got the job.
6. He has a terrible voice; ________________, he will go down in history as the worst singer ever.
7. John has very little money; ________________, his brother Jacob is a millionaire.
8. Roberta didn't have all the ingredients to bake a cake; ________________, she decided to prepare something else.
9. He couldn't tell her the truth; ________________, he lied.
10. I really don't know why he came; ________________, I would tell you.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.