Using genetically modified moths to control pests
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 1
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Which type of pest are the genetically-modified moths supposed to control?
A different type of moth
A different type of insect altogether
The same species, but the non genetically-modified variety
2. Why are diamondback moths considered a pest?
They eat other insects.
They destroy crops.
They infect animals.
3. Do insecticides work well on these moths?
The article doesn't say
4. Where will these moths be released?
New York state
5. Which of the following is NOT true?
Diamondback moths damage cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower.
Diamondback moths have a low reproduction rate.
Diamondback moths prefer moderate temperatures.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.