The end of petrol cars in the UK
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 2
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Will hybrid cars also be banned?
The article doesn't say
2. By banning petrol cars, the UK hopes to ________________.
turn the tide on global warming
become the biggest producer of electric cars in the world
3. By when has Britain pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero?
4. According to Edmund King, what has to be done to encourage electric car sales in Britain?
There should be more promotion of these vehicles.
The government must cut the sales tax.
The prices of these vehicles should be lowerered.
5. When was the ban originally set to come into effect (before the changes)?
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.