OTHER ESL TOOLS
READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES
Swimming under Antarctic ice (melting glaciers/ climate change)
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 5
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. A supraglacial lake forms because of ________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT true?
Supraglacial lakes can speed up glacier melting.
Supraglacial lakes can cause glaciers to break.
The water from these lakes does not affect glaciers.
3. Is this Lewis Pugh's first time swimming in Arctic water?
4. The water that Lewis was swimming in was ______________.
just below freezing
considerably below freezing
just above freezing
5. Lewis wants world leaders _______________.
to watch a recorded video of his swim
to take action on climate change
to congratulate him on a job well done
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.