OTHER ESL TOOLS
READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES
Heavy rains put out many Australian fires
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 8
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to the article, almost _________ of rain fell in Sydney in a period of three days.
2. Are all the wildfires in New South Wales now out?
No, there are still some burning.
Yes, all of the fires are now out.
The article does not say.
3. Which of the following is NOT true of the Warragamba Dam?
It provides water for Sydney.
It was less than half-full up until the rains came.
It's currently less than half-full.
4. What is the danger that the rains bring?
The fires won't be put out quickly enough
5. How many fires are still burning in the region?
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.