Racism and its consequences at a Michigan school
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 10
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The four students that the article talks about sued their school district _________.
for the discipline they received because of their racism
for failing to act on accusations of racism
2. How long did the school board suspend the students for?
3. When a student is "suspended", he/she _________.
can go to school, but can't participate
can go to school, but can't make racist comments
cannot go to school
4. The disciplinary action was carried out primarily because of social media posts that contained alleged racist language towards _________ people.
5. Which of the following in NOT an aim of the lawsuit?
Getting the suspended students back to school
Firing the people who suspended the students
Clearing the names of the suspended students
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.