OTHER ESL TOOLS
READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES
Homework or no homework?
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 11
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to the "10 minute rule", how much homework should fourth graders do per night?
2. Coopers research shows that _________.
students in lower grades performed better in school when they did lots of homework
it doesn't really matter if students in lower grades do homework or not
students in lower grades don't do their homework often
3. What does "to kick up a stink" mean?
To go to the toilet
To not brush your teeth for a long time
4. Schools that have adopted a "no-homework" policy, __________.
encourage students to enjoy their free time
have lots of students who perform poorly
make up the majority of schools in the USA
5. What does "to cause rows" mean?
To draw lines on a piece of paper
To cause arguments/debates
To come to an agreement
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.