Post-Brexit worker shortage?
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 14
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to the article, there is a concern that the social care and farming sectors in the UK will ___________ because of immigration reforms.
2. Work visa applicants will be judged on the basis of ___________.
how long they've lived in the UK
their skills and qualifications
how needy they are
3. When will the new system take effect?
4. Christina McAnea thinks that when it comes to the social care sector, ___________.
there aren't enough workers even under the current system, and the new system will create an even bigger shortage
the new system will be better than the old one
the elderly and vulnerable will be protected under the new system
5. Will an applicant who speaks fluent English be given preference (more points) under the new system?
the article doesn't say
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.