OTHER ESL TOOLS
READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES
The high cost of renting an apartment in London
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 21
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The advertisement for the apartment with the bed in the toilet has generated a lot of interest from people.
The writer(s) were unable to confirm this
2. Which of the following is true?
London is experiencing a housing crisis.
London's demographics are not changing.
Young people are moving to the suburbs instead of the city.
3. What has been happening to the price of land for building new homes?
It has remained stable.
It has gone down.
It has gone up.
4. What has Berlin done to stop increasing rent prices?
They developed a strategy to build a series of new apartment buildings.
They imposed a freeze on rent prices for five years.
They developed a website to help people find cheap apartments.
5. What is going to be done to make London's rents more affordable?
London will implement the same strategy that Berlin did.
The article doesn't say.
The city government has agreed to build low-cost housing.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.