OTHER ESL TOOLS
READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES
Making the United States a less bilingual place
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 27
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The organization called "U.S. English" wants English to be the only official language:
in the United States.
in states like California.
when dealing with government.
2. "U.S. English" is a ____________________ organization.
3. According to "U.S. English", if all government communications were in English, :
illegal immigration would end.
tourism would increase.
immigrants would be more likely to learn English.
4. One critic says that this proposal sends a hostile message to new immigrants. What does that mean?
That it can incite violence against new immigrants.
That it can be seen as unfriendly, unwelcoming to newcomers.
That it is making progress.
5. Currently, _______________________ requires that certain ballots have to be in two languages.
The Voting Rights Act
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.